Pages

The Lost Kids

Mga Batang X
Mga nawawalang anak ng dekada nobenta. Waddup. Check out my elephant pants and 5110!
View my complete profile

Search

Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Scrumptious Saturdays: Never knew I'll love  

What better way to start the weekend than reminiscing those mouth-watering foods we used to enjoy when we were still kids? Some are still available today (yay for us :D), but there are also some that are nowhere to be found. Boo. :(


Shawarma.

I always remember my older cousins buying and enjoying this whenever we are having our merienda. They would go out and come back eating this fresh-lumpia-like food with meat, onions, tomatoes, veggies and with a sauce that looks like mayonnaise and can be spicy.

It looks tempting to eat, but as a I kid, I NEVER appreciated the taste of onions. :| It was so..weird. I can't describe the taste but it was really horrible for me. That somewhat gave me the fear of eating shawarma again. :|

After 10 years, I decided to give shawarma another try. I was in SM Clark with my family and my lola decided to buy shawarma for our merienda. Not wanting to seem picky with foods, I agreed. At the hotel, I stared at the shawarma, thinking of how to eat it. HAHA. XD

I looked around and saw that everyone, even my 10 year old brother (?!) happily eating his shawarma away. I told myself, Okay I can do this. I took one bite then POOF! It was like one of the best things EVERRR.

Yay for shawarma! Two thumbs up :D

For shawarma How-To's, check this link: http://www.mixph.com/2007/07/how-to-make-shawarma-recipe.html :-bd

And oh, our sincerest apologies for not being able to post anything for Fun Fridays :(

Much Love,
The Fluffy Hoppers' Associate :)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories